Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Journey 31 Days and Feel Simply Blessed

Simply Blessed: Finding Joy in the Little Things by [Chaffin, Kim]
publisher's notes....

Enjoy each day with God

Why study the Bible? Who are the patriarchs? Am I really saved? Is there a special way to pray? New believers have many questions. But even the most experienced believers can overcomplicate life and fill the day with more busyness than meaning. Often the little things of life show us the true character of God. In Him we can find joy and blessing if we are willing to look.

Simply Blessed contains thirty-one heartfelt devotional stories for the woman seeking to know God for who He is: a loving God who longs to have a relationship with her. Kim focuses on the foundation of a woman’s faith, tackling issues she faces on a daily basis and providing joyful and practical lessons for a woman’s heart.

Discover a God of relationship not religion. He is never too busy. In the humorous, frustrating, and mundane parts of life, God is pouring out His love on you.


my thoughts....
Simply Blessed by Kim Chaffin is a delightful study.  Kim offers on the cover that we will be "Finding Joy in the Little Things" and she is right.   Each day I felt as though I were having coffee with a good friend who shared the joy she has found in every day life.  She challenged me to journal and I accepted that challenge.  I have many empty journals that I "should" have filled up by now.  It is my goal to get them filled before I am tempted by a cute cover to buy yet another one.  But, I digress...I did journal and found myself looking up passages that she recommended in the book.  I have bookmarked many of these verses because she seemed to know just what I needed when I needed it.  Who does that?  How does she know?  

I have met Kim on occasion and she is just the woman you expect when you read her thoughts.  Down to earth with real life situations that many of us face, even older women like me, who haven't figured it all out yet.  She has done the hard work by writing the book.  Does that make it easier for the reader?  Not necessarily.  For myself, I had to look inside and see how these all applied to my life.  I did the work she assigned to me each day and it was a good way to start the day. 

Each lesson starts with Kim telling a good story with scripture application.  This book is for anyone who wants to move from rote prayers to thoughtful prayer that will move you to a relationship with God.  He is alive, inside each of us.  You will find Him in places you often overlooked.  Taking this thirty-one day devotional was a wonderful experience for me. I recommend this book with 5 stars.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for wonderful review of my book. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply Blessed sounds like a wonderful book. I have read some devotionals stories and they really bless me. They seem as they were made for me. The review of this book is great. I am a Christian but I have to say that out of my many yrs reading the Bible, I still have to study on a lot of the scripture. I think it's wonderful when a Author takes the scripture and breaks it down to help readers understand them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely just what I was looking for. Thanks to
    the author for taking his clock time on this one.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...