Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Reviewing: Linda Evans Shepherd's Praying God's Promises


Lately I have been reading Praying God's Promises by Linda Evans Shepherd.  She has gathered up the promise verses and gathered them for us to read and re-read as we need them.  You see, sometimes we need a few encouraging verses and spend time flipping the pages of our bibles for just that one verse.  Linda's book is categorized by topic and I find that to be very helpful.  If I want to look for verses of Joy or Direction, there is a section of verses covering those topics.  While there are no discussion questions, I believe this book is a good fit for group study.  


Last spring as I listened to novels about promise jars or promise boxes I thought how nice it would be to have one place to find the promise verses.  If we believe in God's promises, how better to spend devotional time than to read the promise verses.

Many thanks to Revell books for publishing faithful books we can read and study to further our faith.  I received a copy of Praying God's Promises from Revell for an honest review.  I recommend this book to anyone who longs to deepen their faith whiled studying God's word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...