Friday, September 30, 2011

Grace's New Purse

When my husband and I took Grace and Luke to the Oregon Coast this summer we stopped at the Center Diamond Fabrics store in Cannon Beach. Grace fell in love with Amy Butler's Birdie Sling Bag so naturally a project was born! Look at the fabrics we picked out!

I signed and dated the lining for her!

Making the pockets!  This fabric is by Anna Marie Horner.
 Grace likes it so well we ordered more from Center Diamond for a skirt.

Moda Bliss is the top and sling handle and the body is Odyssea by Momo for Moda

Here is the final project! She loves this bag. She chose this bag over a backpack.
  A wise choice for a maturing young lady!

I entered this purse in the Purse Week Contest...check out the other entries on their Flickr Site!

3 comments:

  1. Great purse, Mardell! I'm excited that I know a familiar face "in the place". :)
    Much success to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I love the fabrics she chose. Great bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bag turned out beautifully, nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...