Sunday, July 1, 2012

Finally! I bought THE cookbook

I finally bought The Pioneer Woman Cooks today. I do not know why I waited so long. After all she has another cookbook and two other books out now! I have a lot of cookbooks hanging around the house. Some in the cupboard, some in boxes in the basement. Still, after following Ree Drummond's blog for about four years, I just had a hankering for this book. Amidst the fabulous pictures of the recipes we get a glimpse of her life on the ranch with her growing family and of course, Charlie, the family dog who is so involved in their lives. It is a glimpse into Americana, a life of hard work, love and the spirit that be lost in a world of technology.

The first recipe I plan to make will be for the 4th of July! Patsy's Blackberry Cobbler with Blueberries to honor our Day of Independence July 4, 1776.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...