Friday, December 14, 2012

Such a Time of Sorrow.

I am trying to understand what happened today in Newton Connecticut where so many lives were taken by a madman. So many children who will not be receiving their Christmas presents or squeal with delight any longer at simple pleasures of life. How their voices will be missed by parents who have had their hearts torn away today. I feel such a pit of sadness in my heart, wondering what is happening in our world. We need to come together and make this world a much better place for everyone.

I pray that God will help us understand each other better and guide us to live together as He intended. I pray also for patience so that I may be kind to those who I don't think deserve my kindness. I pray for the courage to speak up when I see things that are not right and to make the world a better place.

I cannot say one word that will make it easier for those left behind tonight after the shootings this morning; I can simply pray that it never happens again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...