Thursday, April 12, 2018

Spring Reading!

It is fun to just kick back and read.  I seem to have become my mother in this respect, something I didn't expect.  She was always reading and wanted all of us to share her love.  We were taken to the library often by either mom or dad.  Ironically, I didn't read as much for pleasure then. Why bother when she often read aloud to us.  Chapters a night of Pollyanna or other chapter books....or favorite children books. 

I am amazed when I look at my book list on Goodreads I am nearly a third away from my goal of 150 books for the year.

I just finished reading Alice's Notions by Tamera Lynn Kraft, which I will review later this week. 

Not being ready to be without a book I picked up Kate Lloyd's Starting from Scratch, second in her Lancaster Discovery Series.  Easy to get into, as her books usually are...and I was looking forward to this one after reading a little tease from the first book, A Letter from Lancaster County


I have been listening to several audio books as I work around the house.  We recently finished a major remodel in our home and listening to a book is a great way for me to stick with the process of purging unnecessary items from closets and drawers gathered over so many years.  It is amazing how these things accumulate.  This week I went back to a favorite and am listening to Persuasion.  The wonderful Anne Elliott and Captain Wentworth! 

My daily reading also includes Simply Blessed: Finding Joy in the Little Things by Kim Chaffin.  I  have been looking forward to reading this thirty day study each morning. 

In my childhood I much preferred all the joys of running around the neighborhood with my brothers and sisters. Whether digging forts, riding bikes, jumping rope or playing hopscotch, reading took a backseat.  How different from today with video games and busy soccer schedules.  I savor my reading time. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much. I am the author of Simply Blessed, Finding Joy in the Little Things. I stumbled across this today and it made my day. I hope you enjoy book. Again, thank you so much for sharing my book with your readers. Kim Chaffin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kim Chaffin! I am enjoying your book! Can't wait to share about it in an upcoming post.

      Delete

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...