Monday, March 21, 2011

A Sweater for the New Baby!

I crocheted this sweater for my new granddaughter. She is due to arrive in June and we are so excited.  The sweater is still waiting for the perfect button and to have a few loose ends woven inside.  I got the pattern from the Lion Brand website and the yarn I used this time is Bernat Baby.  I have made this sweater three other times using a larger pattern and Lion Brand yarn. It has proven a reliable, simple pattern each time and looks very cute on little girls who received them as gifts.  I find crocheting is a good hobby that is portable when I am not able to be at my sewing machine. I was crocheting a matching hat from this yarn when I got hit with the soccer ball...you can take it anywhere for any unsuspecting activity.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I found you through Sew Many Ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola querida,

    Me ha encantado el jersey ...es muy bonito, y me gusta mucho las ropas de bebé....bello.....

    Besos,
    Lany

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sweater is just too cute! Brings back so many memories when our girls were little. They're both in college now! Where does the time go.
    ~Karen~
    ps...the link on the button works great, thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little sweater is just adorable! I loved having hand made things for when my babies were born. I'm sure the mother-to-be will be so moved when she opens this gift for her new baby girl.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...