Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's a Soccer Ball!

Our granddaughter had a soccer tournament this weekend in the Tri Cities.  We left early Friday so we could explore the area and browse the antique stores. The rest of the family came down after school the six of us enjoyed a nice dinner together at the hotel and then at the games. While waiting for the second game to start I was crocheting and visiting when I got smacked  in the face with a soccer ball! Ouch. Talk about coming out of the blue!  One minute there was blue sky and the next I was the center of quick action. My daughter quickly gave me two Aleve tablets  and another lady brought me a bag of ice. Another man checked my eyes and thought I may just get a black eye.  I leaned back in my chair and held that ice bag on my face until it melted. My mind raced ahead to the coming night when we would be back home and attending the symphony concert.  A black eye? Great.

 After her game was over, the little gal who kicked the infamous ball approached me with her father; she worried about the injury and left only after I assured her that once the Aleve kicked in and the ice worked its magic I would be fine. It was sore later but I do not have a black eye thank God. I think keeping the ice on for so long helped a great deal; and, of course, the Aleve. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...