Thursday, July 28, 2011

Lazy Summer....

"Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."
-- Sam Keen
 
I thought I should feel guilty for feeling lazy this summer as I marvel over the wonderful life that dwells in my back yard. Not so according to Mr. Keen. Now with his permission I will embrace my comfy chaise lounge while keeping an eye on the bird bath or the hummingbirds who seem to love the nectar from our hanging baskets. Next are the squirrels who seem to believe they own the abundant crop of English Walnuts ripening on our tree.  The bird houses are full of new families and it won't be long until the chirping babies venture out on their own. Ah...summer will be over soon enough and this year I am trying to make the most of our short time together.

1 comment:

  1. I love this ode to summer. Great quote, and one I need to try to remember. It's way too easy to feel guilty about lounging about, even if it's just once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...