Thursday, March 8, 2012

Inspiration!

I volunteer for Susan G Komen for the Cure as the Public Policy Chair for my local affiliate, which serves 14 counties in Eastern Washington. As a Breast Cancer Survivor myself, I know the importance of advocacy and how it impacted my survivor rate. Many have no voice at all in their diagnosis or their treatment. Many have no idea how to go about getting a mammogram let alone choosing the right doctor who will treat them against all odds. I was so inspired to learn about Bridget, the young survivor whose story is a very real reminder of why I work as hard as I do so we can live in a world without Breast Cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...