Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year New You?

New Year's day is a time of reflection on changes I want to make in my life. I have never been one to
actually write a list of resolutions, thinking that every day can be the beginning of change. I have several areas where I can improve my life but it is a daily thing. I can struggle minute by minute to lose one pound or a week to actually get active and ride my stationary bike two days in a row. I can look at the daily bible reading plans and hold true to the schedule for a few days. 

If I had one resolution for this year it would be to resolve to see things through for more than a few days. I am blessed with the gift of perseverance so I don't  understand how some things are just so hard to stick with. Life changes frequently. I embrace change so what gives on lifestyle change? All things are possible with Christ yet I still find these little areas where I have to take charge and not let God guide me. 

Later this month I will begin an online bible study with Proverbs 31 Ministries. We will be going through Lysa TerKeurst's book Made to Crave.  I have read this book before...well most of it because as I have said, change can be hard for me to stick with. The ladies at my church will also be studying this book so I will have their camaraderie in addition to the ladies posting in the online study. I look forward to this study and commit to check in occasionally on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...