Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pink Bird of Hope




I found this little Pink Bird of Hope at my local Hallmarks shop one day and decided this would be my annual October Breast Cancer Month treat. She is so tiny, just barely an inch.
My bird is reminiscent of the Bluebird of Happiness.
 I gave the Blue bird to a good friend of mine for a birthday gift because it reminded me of all the times we've spent together shopping ,gabbing and enjoying a leisurely lunch. As I look upon my Pink Bird of Happiness I am reminded of my good friends and family who provided such joy and support when I was undergoing my cancer treatment eight years ago...and for all days in between. This little treasure is a gem so valuable for the reminder of all the gifts God has given me. Sometimes it is the simplest gifts of love and support that mean the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing: Under the Starry Skies by Tracie Peterson Love on the Santa Fe

from the publisher : Sensible and independent, Cassie Barton never anticipated being on her own at thirty-two. But after the death of her fa...