Sunday, June 17, 2012

Losing Weight Without Gimmicks....



I have been trying to lose weight for some time. I know how to do it but just have not gotten the surge of desire necessary to focus on  the process.  A year ago I joined a group of women and a nutritionist in a 6-month session focused on making all my calories count.
The program concentrated on counting calories and journaling every bite I ate. The first week was disappointing at the scale and over time I lost weight. But, celebrations and vacation came along and it was hard to get back on track. Now I have a sedentary job and need more creativity.

I am going to journal my journey on this blog. I will learn what works for me and what I need to avoid as quick fixes and fads. Lasting weight loss is my goal. I like real food in the real world and I am not going to count carbs, proteins or points. I am going to enjoy my food in reasonable portions.

I am getting more active. I started swimming lessons so I can swim real laps for fitness. I swam a lot at the pool growing up but the self taught fun is not the same as breathing properly and swimming with my eyes open. My instructor gave me a pair of goggles and a swimming cap to protect my hair. What a difference they make.  I just finished up my third week of lessons and to celebrate I bought myself a pair of real goggles. Tomorrow at 6:45 I will strap on these goggles and glide once more in the water. The rolling of my body, the kick and reaching with my hands will help me re-shape my body. It is fun, and I think I can stick with it. Why? Because I like it and my coach is helping me believe that I can do it and that is itself is a motivator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...