Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Swimming,Swimming, Swimming....

6:30 will be here before I know it and I will be hitting the pool for another swimming lesson. I am trying to master the art of breathing properly. I thought it would be easy but I have a tendency to panic. It is not that easy for me. It is work. Today my instructor gave me a drill to help with this problem. I swim two strokes, breathe, exhale under water and then repeat the same every two strokes on the free style swim.

I was holding my breath too long, gulping and at times panicking. The last lap was far less taxing once I practiced this new drill.

Tomorrow morning, I plan to focus on just two strokes at a time and blowing all my breath out, one bubble at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...