Thursday, February 10, 2011

Are you a dreamer?

I received this wonderful quote from a friend a few days ago.

"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world."
- Harriet Tubman

I found this a very reflective quote. I am on a journey of career transition. I am a life long day dreamer.  When it comes to following my dream I can't begin to tell you what that is. I am not complaining for this lack of knowing what I want to do with my life.  I have had many things that I have achieved and done well. I married my high school sweetheart and we raised a wonderful family.  I have worked many jobs but now I am at a crossroad of finding new work that I love.

Where will this fork in the road lead me? I like the wisdom of Harriet Tubman's quote and it reminds me of promises within scripture. As I travel this journey I am learning a lot about what I like. I have learned that I have a voice; one that I wish I had developed as a very young girl.  Regrets?  No I don't have regrets. My journey has made me who I am today.  As I decide where the journey takes me tomorrow, I'll use my experiences to guide me while allowing myself the luxury of dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...