Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

I wish you all a bright and prosperous New Year. Having a prosperous year means many things to many people. It can be the joy in your life or a new job or change in other financial circumstances.

2011 has been a good year for my family. I have been out of work yet the time has been a blessing as it has afforded me time to be with my grandchildren, including the beautiful baby girl we welcomed in June. I have been able to pinch hit when the sitter cancelled and attend fun events that will make memories for all of us. My husband has enjoyed having me be here when he gets home from work (he rises before daylight and returns while the sun still shines.) we have taken off for walks or early movies and avoided the afternoon rush at Costco or the mall. It has been interesting....and while somewhat stressful, I would not trade the time spent with my loved ones.

I have also gotten in touch with my creativity, which had laid aside like a discarded rug for quite some time. Ideas are popping in my head that I will need to start writing down. Maybe this will be a fork in the road of sitting at a computer all day with a regimented schedule. I also love my volunteer work....something that has just grown so that I don't want to give that up either.

So for 2012....will I teach more sewing classes? Sew and sell more doll clothes or other fun accessories to pamper womanly needs or....get that desk job?  Time will tell and the Good Lord will reveal His plan for me soon enough.

In the meantime! Resolve to look at the bright side of 2011 and think of the opportunity waiting for you in 2012....

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you! Warm wishes to you for a wonderful year of blessings. Twyla and Lindsey

    ReplyDelete

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...