Friday, December 10, 2010

In a miniature sleigh...

I wanted to do something special with my little papier mache Santa.  He is so small and cute with his elf-like qualities.  Often he can just get lost in the midst of such a collection.  So with wire cutters in hand I transformed a crystal cake platter with a large "bush" of greenery from JoAnn Fabrics.


I like the size of this plate and the effect of the pedestal. 

I like the reds, the greens and golds.  The table topper is one I made two years ago.

I love his sweet hat and his cute little eyes.  He is fun to look at.  I nearly put  him under glass...but I love seeing the sparkle of the sleigh and the softness of his cotton tuft of a beard.  It just wouldn't do to hide him under glass!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...