Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas! What a splendid season this has been for me. I feel very blessed to have a wonderful family who gathered at our home last night for a fun celebration. The children were so excited but I wonder if I was even more excited! Games and food, lots of goodies but most of all the laughter and special smiles from loved ones.  Our tree (pictured left) makes a lovely centerpiece for the presents and games that followed. 

For the second year I named each grandchild with a reindeer name. All of their presents are labeled with their reindeer nickname. It is fun to see the big reveal when I hand them their Reindeer Name Tag! Next comes another fervent look at the presents and the guessing goes on. The excitement is really a big part of the party for me so for a child it is intensified. This year presents followed a delightful dinner of prime rib roast and roasted potatoes with rosemary. We had fresh green beans dressed in lemon zest and pine nuts, fresh cranberry sauce and wonderful whole grain artisan bread.  Plenty of cookies, candy, gingerbread boys and caramel corn.  Oh the visions of sugar plums danced vividly in my home as we gathered to celebrate.  

Thank you Lord for giving me such a wonderful family. You are the reason for the season and You were a welcome guest at my side.  Thank you too for showing me the way to keep things in perspective as I prepared myself for Christmas, one that was truly memorable.


 
Posted by Picasa
d

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...