Thursday, January 19, 2012

Nutrition and Health

On any given day, especially in January, we are bombarded with commercials and magazine ads on diet, exercise touting the best way to lose weight. I have shared in the past my desire to get back to a healthier weight. I have not done that yet. There! I said it out loud. I have this weight that keeps hanging on like a clingy friend who won't let loose. That said, I have made progress.

I think one piece that is missing from many of our weight loss goals is learning how to eat and what to eat. Good whole foods are the best. I know some of you may think that is an expensive option. Take a trip around the grocery store and compare foods and prices. Look at serving sizes, nutrition and how many how many items on the label that you can't pronounce. What is this unpronounceable ingredient? Will it make it taste better, look better or last longer? Enough said.

I follow a blog called Musings of a Housewife and today her post about Food Safety VS Nourishment inspires me to push myself to challenge myself to really get off my duff and look in the pantry.  I'll weigh in next week to check my progress not only on the scale but also how well I feel.

1 comment:

  1. I have seen a lot more diet ads and none of them are motivating me! February will be a stronger month for me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...