Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sweet Potato Crescents....


Sweet Potato Crescent RollsThanksgiving wouldn't be the same if I didn't make these Sweet Potato Crescent Rolls. Ten years ago I bought my KitchenAid stand mixer. It is one of my favorite toys in the kitchen. I returned to my bread making with my shiny white beauty guiding me in my search for new holiday recipes that would not break our traditions. I found this recipe on Land O'Lake's website. The picture temped me! The rich color says harvest and I thought about how much fun it would be for a child to peel apart those layers, eating them one by one. They are easy to make and they are quick because I made them after work one night. My grandson called me this past summer to tell me he missed Thanksgiving. He asked me if I would make those good rolls with the crescents. I told him of course I would and he responded that he was relieved because he just loves those rolls. It is nice to think these rolls are part of his memories. He has helped me make these rolls a time or two. Watching his little hands roll these crescents is a good memory for me too. He will be 8 next week, reminding me how quickly children grow. Yes, these rolls will be in the bread basket once again this year and all the years ahead. This tradition will be part of the family for many years to come.  Give them a try. You can get this easy recipe right here.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like just the thing for making Thanksgiving memorable! Such a sweet story.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...