Monday, November 14, 2011

Thirty Days of Giving...



I took on the Thirty Day Challenge But what can I give every day this month that will make a difference? Money? Friendship? Time? Support? November is nearly half over and I am still thinking about it! Pondering this thirty day giving challenge, I wonder what I have given that is going to make a difference. If I just give money, how will I know it really makes a difference? Donations are often fraught with administrative fees. Some organizations have great marketing programs, (also spendy) that are pretty good at convincing us that their organization is the one that makes the biggest impact. How do we really know that!

I want to make a difference in people's lives; not with my name in lights but individually in a quiet unassuming way. I can't help but think of that starfish poem where the young man throwing the starfish back into the ocean to save their lives. An older man asked why he would do this when there were so many starfish on the miles and miles of the beach...the young man replied "It made a difference for that one." Imagine making a difference one person at a time. While there are so many in need, helping one person leads to another person helping two people and so it grows. I believe one person can make a difference, one day at a time. It may take longer than the thirty day challenge, but going along this way will make a difference to others and to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...