Friday, November 5, 2010

Celebrating Motherhood...Savoring some long ago moments

This morning my husband called me to share the sunrise with me.  The sky was a glorious pink that soon shifted to a gold richer than the splendor of any jewelry I've ever seen. I had just texted him reminiscing the birth of our first child so it wasn't as if he roused me from sleep.  Thirty five years ago today, our lovely daughter was born.  She is an amazing woman now, and we couldn't be prouder of her.  She is a wonderful wife and mother and has such a giving spirit.  

I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday!  Where has the time gone?  I fretted over her colic and worried about so many other things that nowadays I would take for granted.  She slept through the night when she was three weeks old and when we woke, we jumped out of our beds so fast only to find her sleeping peacefully.  What memories my husband and I shared over the phone.

There are so many memories flooding my mind, it is like a whirlwind.  It seems like I turned around and there she is a woman, no longer the baby I once held my arms.  Oh I miss that baby, but I celebrate the woman she has become. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...