Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Seize the moment...it passes so quickly

As I look at my grandchildren, I remember the faces of my little girls, so bright and excited ready to go outside for an adventure.  Now mother's of their own, they are busy with their families and it is hard to believe that so many years have passed.   Barbies, Strawberry Shortcake, Cabbage Patch dolls and books, boat rides and bike rides all filled their dance cards.  What a treasure my memories are to me, and now I am building new ones with my grandchildren.  Life is wonderful.

This is a reminder for me to pause before the busy season comes across the Thanksgiving table with a new project or sale every day for the next month.  It can be overwhelming if we let it, but honestly Christmas will not be any better if I get so busy I forget to savor the moments of tree decorating, a broken bauble or two and shopping with my husband.  Ah, I do love this time of year even with the busy hustle and bustle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...