Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thirty Day Challenge

I heard about the 30-day giving challenge  recently, and decided to join.  It is good to think of others in a world filled with ways to avoid contact with others for many days.  Oh we can blog and email, and these enable us to avoid the phone or leaving the house.  It can make me out of touch with the world if I give in to this solitary way of living.  Of course, this is not a life I would willingly live on a regular basis.   I crave human company, it is part of my nature.  I enjoy those moments when I see a smile on a face that was unexpected.  I love gifts, the kind of gifts that are the rare thought by someone who took time to see what was needed to make a difference in the life of another.  I have received many of these gifts in my life, and these gifts helped me become the woman I am today.  A wife, mother, grandmother, sister, aunt, cousin and friend.  My life is richer because of these gifts and the price tag was insignificant compared to the giver. 

I am challenging myself to find ways to give for the month of November.  I plan to touch lives, one person at a time, in a small meaningful way.  I will not share with you what my gifts are, I wish to stand back and watch without recognition.  I have not the riches of the world, but I can make a difference. 

Click on the 30-day button and see what you can do to help change the world.  You will see the following quotes as listed below that inspired me.  I hope they inspire you too.

"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something." ~Author Unknown

"In everything I showed yo that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, the He Himself said 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"  Acts 20:35


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...