Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday....April 20, 2011 Back to the Norm

Last week I took a trip to Washington D.C. on behalf of my Komen Affiliate to participate in Lobby Day.  We walked all over the city, and of course saw most of the monuments.

We took to Capitol Hill to meet with our members of the 112th Congress and our senators.  Our cause is universal: end Breast Cancer.  In addition to getting buy-in to sign on to renew the resolution that allows access to care, we asked that the Breast Cancer stamp be reauthorized.

You may encounter someone in the year to come that will ask you to sign a petition for this renewal.   I ask that if you are asked please do so.  Do you know that purchases of the stamp have raised $72 million for Breast Cancer research?  It is the most popular stamp that is sold for .11 cents more than standard postage. $72 million is a lot when you think of that .11 cents!  70% goes to research and 30% goes directly to the National Institute of Health.  I cannot think of a better way for people to support the cause in a very simple way.

What an adventure I had and although it was fun, I welcomed my own bed, my own pillow and the warm and welcoming hugs from my dear husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...