Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spring Rain!

Spring Rain

Spring rain

leaking through the roof

dripping from the wasps' nest.

by Matsuo Basho

Rain, wind, gray skies, and the chill it brings will keep me inside today. I will cut strips, sew strips and bind my quilt project.  Busy and industrious projects keep my mind off the dreary weather outside and remind me that I can find joy in other places of my life. I am imagining the satisfaction of finishing the quilt and laying it out to photograph.  Every stitch in the binding will be sewn with the love I have for my grandson.  He will treasure this keepsake for a long time and I am happy in the memory of choosing and cutting each fabric piecing it together and seeing his delight at the progress of this quilt. In my heart it is a very sunny day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are connections between online friends!

Reviewing A Royal Christmas by Melody Carlson

...from the publisher...   Adelaide Smith is too busy for fairy tales. She’s been working hard to put herself through law school, and...